black slip dress styles bloggers in nigeria

Day To Night In Silky Slip Dress | Lookbook

15:34Lade Ibikunle

how to style slip dress

how to style slip dress

Hey guys, welcome back!

How are you doing? Ramadan Kareem to my Muslim readers. Remember to send my food across.

Today’s post is all about dresses, actually, dress. But I have styled it in two ways so technically, it qualifies as dresses. Am I reaching?


how to style slip dresshow to style slip dress
I really don't know why I have never owned a slip dress until very recently when I saw a pretty piece going for N1000 on a Mr. Price Clothing Rack. Immediately I purchased the very beautiful, silky, slip dress, I knew I was going to make a post about it and here we are 3 weeks later with a post. I will be showing you how I transitioned this dress from day to night with ease!
how to style slip dress
For the day look, I wore a classic white tee underneath the dress, paired it with my white, platformed loafer, and finished off with a black sling bag. This look is very chic, very classy, very 90s and ever on trend. You can never go wrong with a classic white tee.


Outfit Details

Dress: Mr. Price

Sneakers: Market buy

Sandals: Thrifted

White Tee: Thrifted

Bag: Haute Signatures

Glasses: Jumia
how to style slip dress
For the date night look, I just made a few adjustments here and there and voila! First I replaced my lip gloss with a red lipstick, replaced my sneakers with a pair of black sandals, removed the white tee, tucked in the sling of my bag and carried it like a purse. Talk about slipping into glam!
how to style slip dress


Another way to go is to wear a jacket over the dress with heels or sneakers for day/business look and just lose the jacket and top up your lipstick for a night look. Even simpler!
how to style slip dresshow to style slip dress
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave in the comment section your thoughts on this post/ styling and how you'll be styling your slip dress. Share with me on Instagram your recreation of this look if you do try it. I would really love to see it.

Till next time
how to style slip dress


how to style slip dress


Let's Connect

FACEBOOK  ||  TWITTER  ||  INSTAGRAM || YOUTUBE ||  BLOGLOVIN

DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

3 comments

  1. Love, love, love both looks!

    I would style mine for day with a denim jacket and white sneakers as well. Akin to here - http://www.diveintomauve.com/2017/01/the-slip-dress-night-to-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thonia. You styled your gorgeously!!!

      Delete
  2. I love both looks! Definitely into the creativity of the casual look as something I could possibly try!
    https://anicheberry.blogspot.com/2018/08/new-beginnings.html?showComment=1533198438059#c4560984971527348739

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form