Beauty hair

1 Year Natural Hair Length Check + Product Check

15:49Lade Ibikunle


Currently gushing over my newly bought Samsung s6 Edge

Hey Guys
It's hair day today on the blog, yipeee. I will be doing more of this this year, natural hair talk, product reviews, DIY hair treatments and so on.


So let's move on to the business of today which is going to be my natural hair length check/product that I use. It's been one year since my Big Chop (BC).

The initial plan was to transition but I really did not like seeing stringy hair above nappy under-growth gorgeousness so I decided to chop it instead.

And I must tell you, It's not been easy mostly because my hair is veeeeerrrryyyy thick and stubborn, infact I do not think I'm in the 4C category at all (My texture is still yet to be determined😊). Even when I was using relaxer, my hair NEVER relaxed. I tried different relaxers all to no avail, my hair will just come out like I only went for a wash... with severe burnt scars. What then was the point yeah?

Loving the natural hair life so far and there are a few products I use to manage my hair texture which I'll list below
VO5 Conditioner: I have the 2in1 shampoo and conditioner version too which I use first before applying the conditioner. This helps to soften my hair.
Mega Growth Detangling Conditioner: As I said earlier, my hair is very thick hence my interest in conditioners and this one doesn't do so bad.
Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Cream: Really good for moisturizing.
Vitale Olive Oil Leave-in Conditioner: I am not sure I like this product. It's just too watery with no moisturizing effect. If you must use it, I'll suggest you mix it with some oils so you get the most out of it. I have to finish this bottle because I bought it with my hard earned money.


Cantu Deep Treatment Masque: Great for deep conditioning

 Beautiful Textures Whipped Curl Creme: This is great for when you want to achieve perfect, durable curls. And the scent is heavenly...

Luza Coconut Creme: Great for moisturizing

 Enliven Hair Gel:I started using this because Eco Styler gel was leaving white streaks on my hair

 Castor Oil (creme version): For moisturizing and also for hair growth.


That's it guys. Kindly recommend other products for me in the comments section, especially conditioners.

PS
If you are a natural hair brand and you want to to review some of your products (honestly!), do send me a mail ladesblog@gmail.com.

Let me know if you like more hair posts like this.

This is the natural colour of my hair😊

Some more 'gloriousness'
Are you a naturalista? when did you start, how would you describe your growth?, drop your comments in the box below 👇👇👇



Let's Connect

FACEBOOK  ||  TWITTER  ||  INSTAGRAM  ||  BLOGLOVIN

DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

5 comments

  1. try the Aussie moisture conditioner...you can get very good natural hair products and free consultation at sizzle stores, Cherub Mall lekki, opp Alpha beach road, before chevron roundabout .YOU CAN THANK ME LATER FOR THE AUSSIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation dear, will definitely check it out.

      Delete
  2. Hair is growing beautifully!
    https://lifestyleoforeoluwa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form