cool spots in lagos food shack lagos nigeria

A Cozy Afternoon At Food Shack, Lagos | Review

16:47Lade Ibikunle

restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,

This past Eid break was so much fun as I had the opportunity to visit cool places I have always wanted to go and one of them is Food Shack. Yes, I know I'm always late to the party but, better late than never right? If you are on my Instagram, you would have seen snippets of my adventure and you also probably voted for this review. So this is for you.




Let me add at this point that Food Shack insisted that they will have to charge me extra to use my professional camera (Nikon D3100) even though I specifically told them I was doing the review on my personal blog and I am not gaining anything from it. If anything, it even helps to promote the restaurant at my expense cos I'm paying for my food (well, bae is paying but does it matter?)


If anyone related to the aforementioned restaurant is reading this, know that I was really pissed at this. This is not nice at all and you need to revisit this policy. Why are you against FREE publicity? Over 1000 people are going to see this post and if just 200 people visit your restaurant as a result of this, do you know what that does to your bank account? Chew on this while I continue my review.



NAVIGATION


Food Shack is located at 32 Ologun Agbeje St, Victoria Island, Lagos (Not so far from Cold stone/ Dominos). If you are not careful, you might miss it because the location is quite unassuming, especially if you go during the day. So Just use your google maps, and you'll be fine.
restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,



ENVIRONMENT

I really really love the *ambiance* (guess you didn't know this was the real spelling). It has a cozy African vibe to it, with wooden stools and Ankara cushion. I also love how minimal the decor is. Very aesthetic!

restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,


MENU

The menu was quite interesting but as usual, I stuck to what I can pronounce or what looked familiar which leads me to my next point.






PRICING

To my greatest surprise, their pricing was quite affordable.

What I ordered
  • Jollof Rice N1000

  • Plantain Fries N700

  • Shack Wings (12 pieces, shared between bae and I) N3000

  • Pineapple Juice N 1500

What bae ordered
  • Jollof Rice N1000

  • French Fries N700

  • A bottle of coke N350

restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,

Everything cost N10,150. Plus an added VAT charge of N507.50 & Service charge of N1,065.75 (which I find utterly ridiculous). If I had known about the service fee charge, I would have offered to go carry the food myself from the kitchen, is it not just to carry food?. Anyways, everything came to N11,723.25 (which bae paid).

restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,


WAIT TIME/FOOD TASTE
I had to wait for 45 minutes for my food to arrive which was the longest wait of my life as I was very hungry. But when the food arrived, it was totally worth it. The jollof rice was awesome, the wings, simply super and the fries were well done. The Pineapple juice tasted sour like they used spoilt pineapple to make it, never going to order that again! The shawarma was also very nice according to bae. In fact, he can't wait to go back there.
restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,

WILL I GO BACK THERE?

Oh yes, yes yes!


restaurants in lagos, where to eat in lagos, lade ibikunle, lades blog, cool spots in lagos,

Thank you all for reading today's post. I really want to incorporate restaurant reviews so suggest where you would like reviewed and it will be done as long as my account balance corporates with me.


Ever been to Food Shack? Share your experience in the comments.


DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

3 comments

  1. nice review. never been to food shack but i will most definitely check them out because they look quite affordable

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unfair they made you pay for pictures but it's great you went ahead to write an amazing review. If it was me I would have been brutal in my blogpost. 😤
    Anyways, have you visited pizza hut? I'll like to read a review on that one.
    P.s. the jollof rice is too small for 1k.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form