lagos life lagos living

I Visited Nike Art Gallery | Visual Diary

17:00Lade Ibikunle


So this is going to be a very short post as there's nothing much to say concerning my visit to Nike Art Gallery. Oops, I don't think this is the right way to start this post. Lets start over.

Is it me or just this logo not look like Nike (the shoe brand) logo?

So last weekend, I finally got to visit the famous Nike Art Gallery located at 2, Elegushi road, 3rd roundabout, Lagos, Nigeria. And I must say it was quite an experience. First top, I always thought you had to pay a fee to enter but it turns out, entry is absolutely free!!! 
The obligatory entrance picture.
I also thought I was going to be welcomed by Mama Nike herself but that didn't happen. So why is every Nike Art gallery picture surfing the the internet always featuring Mama Nike all smiles her huge gele welcoming and taking pictures with visitors? Maybe I went on a wrong day.


On entering the compound, bae and I were welcomed by the gallery attendants and given the rules of the gallery which is basically 'Pictures of the artwork can not be taken alone except you are featured in it'. This basically means the artwork(s) can only be used as your background just like in the picture below.

Once the rule was passed and settled, we got exploring. The gallery has four floors and all of them are filled with beautiful works of art, which brings me to this visual diary. Enjoy!

Quick photo stop on our way to the second floor

Wink wink!

Picture taking in motion.

And boom!

Views from the third floor. Beautiful!


A Queen
Upclose with the queen

I made the crocodile my pet.



Thank you for reading. Let me know if you want me to do more visual diaries and suggest other places you'll like me to visit.
Ever been to Nike Art gallery? Share your experience in the comment section below.

PS
The gallery had a gift shop section outside where you can buy artsy souvenirs like earrings, bags, bangles, etc but truthfully, nothing caught my fancy there  so I left empty handed.

DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

6 comments

  1. Never been there but the place is beautiful..
    ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is. You should visit sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful......I can't wait for when I can come to Lagos and visit the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t wait to have you in Lagos, you will have a swell time

      Delete
  4. I've been there and it was so exciting that I had to include it on my blog.
    Surprisingly, the gallery is the largest in West Africa featuring over 7,000 artworks.
    I love your pictures, they're amazing.
    Have you visited Nike Art Gallery in Osogbo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading. No I haven't visited the one in Osogbo. Would love to

      Delete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form