About Me Insecurity Tag

The Insecurity Tag | 10 Things I'm Insecure About

16:23Lade Ibikunle

Hey guys. How do you do? Hope life is treating you nice. I'm going to be getting personal with y'all today. I came across this Insecurity tag on Instagram and I thought to join in by sharing mine on the blog. So without further ado, let's get into lowering my street cred shall we?


1. I am really insecure about the fact that I don't have the flattest tummy to rock crop tops, and tight fitting dresses.

2. I have K-leg and usually very conscious about it when I'm on a stage to address a cloud, when I wear short dresses and when I take pictures.

3. I have Dentalized Lisp. My tongue slightly pushes against the front teeth when I pronounce 'S' 'T' and 'Z'. Nope, It's not as bad as Kerry Washington's lisp but I am still hella insecure about. I only started feeling a little bit better about it when some people actually told me it's kinda sexy. Plus there's a myth about lispers knowing how to kiss the best *wink



4. I don't know how to make new friends. I look like the most social person but then I am so shy you guys won't believe. So social gatherings are a bit awkward for me.


5. I am too emotional. I remember when was doing my Industrial Training (IT) at NTA (The Nigerian Television Authority), a male boss told some blatant lie about me to the rest of my bosses...maybe because I refused to sleep with him. I was so pained and so hurt that when the time came for me to tell my side of the story, I burst into tears...uncontrollable tears. I could not form words to defend myself. 

6.I don't eat oyinbo food. You might not think this is an insecurity buy try explaining to people why you don't like basmati rice, salad, cole's law, Chinese food, Thai food, Cheese, Pizza, Shawarma, Sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, almost everything that the 21st century restaurant serves.Feel my insecurity now?


7. I have a slightly protruded upper teeth and so I feel my smiles are weired.

8. I don't like pets and I don't like to say that out loud because I know I will get judgmental eyes peering into my wicked soul!


Outfit Deets
Dress: Dress Me Outlet
Shirt & Shoe: Thrift
Bag: Gift

9. I don't know how to take compliments so I'll rather be weired about it or dismiss the compliment like it never happened.


10. I don't know how to tag this particular insecurity here it is. I cannot use toilets close to where people are congregated. For example if the visitor's toilet is close to the sitting room, I will not use it and this is not a function of what number I am doing. I do not like people hearing the sound of what I do in the toilet (does this even make sense?) I was at a meeting one time and I wanted to pee. When I found out the toilet was right inside the boardroom, I asked to be shown another toilet which took me all the way to the last floor from the first floor where the boardroom is (lol)


Here it is guys. My life in ten bullet points. I think it's worthy of note to say at this point that I recognize these insecurities and I am definitely taking steps to work on/overcome them. Maybe I'll share how in my part 2 post (Nollywood Influence😊).

The message here is to love yourself no matter what. You will be surprised what insecurities your 'role model' has which is probably not showing forth because of the defense mechanism they try to put up. Embrace your insecurities, they come with the package. Just make sure you work on the ones that tend to be negative.

Do you have the same insecurities as me or is it a different type? Kindly share in the comment so we can encourage one another.

PS
Pictures were taken with my Samsung S6 edge. Check out posts on How to Take Blog Photos With Your Phone and How to Edit Blog Photos

DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

4 comments

  1. No 1, 4 and 5 are so me. Especially number 5, like when I'm angry I can't express myself I'll just be crying like an idiot. I'm guessing you're all for traditional food then àwọn Iyan àti Efo Riro people 😉 I feel you jere! It's great that you've recognized your flaws and are working towards overcoming them. I wish you all the best on your journey to self actualization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls o, how is number 1 a problem for you? You are as skinny as the word skinny can get, lol. I am learning to be more in control of my emotions now. I am a proper Nigerian girl when it comes to food o. No compromise!

      Thanks for stopping by dear

      Delete
  2. Thank you for tagging me, will put mine on my blog soon. Btw loll we both do not like pets 😁 I cant even touch them even if they are cute. So we are deff twins. I love this tag because it actually helps us realise that we all have insecurities and that no one is perfect. Cant wait to post mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey twin! Can't wait to read yours. No one is perfect gurl! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form