lifestyle tours

Native Tourist | My Erin Ijesha Waterfall Experience

15:07Lade Ibikunle

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, ladies and gentlemen👏👏
So excited about this series! I called it "NATIVE TOURIST' cos I'm basically being a tourist in my native land. I have 4 sites i have explored already and I will be dishing out the posts from time to time. Fisrt stop, Erin Ijesha




 Erin Ijesha Waterfalls also known as Olumirin Waterfalls is a seven step waterfall in Osun State, just 2km off Erin Ijesha town.




 According to the tour guide the waterfall, it was discovered by a woman called Akinla, founder of Erin-Ijesha town and a granddaughter of Oduduwa, in the year 1140 AD during the migration of Ife people to Erin- Ijesa. History has it that when it was first discovered, the waterfall had the appearance of a mysterious figure (scary much)

 At first sight, the waterfall seems very basic and ordinary till you start climbing *phew* I almost fainted. The fist and second level was a piece of cake, I just climbed a few steps and that was it. The tour guide hinted my tour group silently that the 3rd to seventh floor was going to be somewhat challenging, we thought it was a joke. The second level was where they separate the men from the bi***s and I sure did not want to be part of the latter so up I went feeling like hulk💪







 After a few climbs, up the steepy incline, down the sloppy path and through some paths I do not understand my heart was pounding so loud, I thought it was going to come out of my mouth (sorry for the gory picture I'm painting). If you are on my Snapchat or Instastory (official_lade), you definitely saw the videos. At a point, I started crawling, yeah it was that bad. And a single misstep can land you 6 feet below...literally. But if you can read this, it means i'm alive! Praise be to God 🙌 


The view at the top though, OMG, so beautiful. Whoever thought brown roof could look so beautiful at the top.

The last level hosts the peak of the waterfall used for washing, bathing and drinking by inhabitants of the mountain. Yeah, people live at the top. Only God knows how they go from top to bottom and back everyday.



All in all, I really enjoyed the trip. This is one of my four NATIVE TOURIST series. Still to come are Ikogosi Warmspring, Idanre Hills and Ife! Stay tuned








Guess what this is

Tadaa! It's Kolanut






We had drummers waiting for us when we got back down. Trust me, we needed the jubilation
Pictures by Jeremiah, Tunji and I

Ever been to Erin Ijesha?
How was the experience?
Did you get the to the seventh level?

Let's Connect
FACEBOOK  ||  TWITTER  ||  INSTAGRAM  ||  BLOGLOVIN
NB
I went with a tour company called TVPADVENTURES. Check them out on Instagram

DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

4 comments

  1. I must confess Lade this is the second time I'm checking your blog. I've been procrastinating a lot but tonight na tonight. Anyways I've been to Erin Ijesha too and yes! I blogged about it. The trek wasn't funny ooo but I'm glad I made it to the top. I'm envious of you as I didn't have a professh camera to capture all the memories had to make do with my phone camera. I really want to explore other parts of Nigeria so help me God!

    Kindly Check out my blog too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darling! thank you for stopping by. The trek o funny rara o. My legs were shaking! Phone camera pictures are not so bad darling, you just need to know how to use it (gonna do a post on that). Thanks baby gurl

      Delete
  2. I have been here before and it was so fun! Nigeria is such a beautiful country and should be showed off everyday. Thank you for sharing this experience.

    Oréoluwa’s blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, it should. Thanks for stopping by dear

      Delete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form