90s fashion for women fashion

6 Tips to Surviving Lagos Heat Wave

19:02Lade Ibikunle

Hi guys welcome back to my little space on the internet. I hope you are doing well. And I hope Lagos Nigeria sun is not as bad on you as it is on me! I really don’t know what we did as a country to deserve this kind of weather but still we move.

Which brings me to my post today. I will be sharing with you tips and tricks to cope with this ‘Lagos Heat’. I say Lagos because that’s where I currently live but I know the weather condition is the same across all parts of the country. So without rambling further, here it goes.
1. Use Sunscreen. 
This sun is not even joking! It is very harsh. And as such, the use of sunscreen is imperative. Don’t hide under the myth that ‘black don’t crack’. It does my dearests when you don’t take care of it.

2. Invest in a rechargeable fan.
On top of this very hot weather condition, PHCH is also being very unfortunate especially at night. So get yourself a rechargeable fan you can use for when PHCN holds power.

3. Wear light clothes.
Why are you layering in this heat if you’re not trying to kill yourself? Tell me. Wear more cotton, armless, crops, cross back, altar necks and more importantly, avoid wearing black.

4. Keep your makeup simple.
There’s no point layering tons of makeup cos it will end up melting anyways. So keep it minimal. One trick I use is to avoid applying foundation around my T-Zone and that has helped me a great deal.

5. Keep an handfan in your bag. 
Yes? It’s an accessory now 😊.

6. Stay hydrated. 
Drink a lot of water guys. A lot of it.
Thank you for reading. I will love to hear from you. Kindly drop you own tips and tricks in the comment section below and say where in Nigeria you are located.
Till next time 😘











DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

3 comments

  1. Nice outfit.
    You're very correct this heat is everywhere even Osun.
    My tip will be to shower regularly, 2 to 3 times daily to avoid any sweaty muck on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit.
    You're very correct this heat is everywhere even Osun.
    My tip will be to shower regularly, 2 to 3 times daily to avoid any sweaty muck on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. It's everywhere in Nigeria apparently. I agree with your tip 100 percent

      Delete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form