Women's Day

5 Things Women Are Tired of Reading And Hearing

13:31Lade Ibikunle

Happy #InternationalWomensday people. Let's take this time to celebrate women around us for their many contributions to making this world a better place. Today's post is inspired by the event of the day. I'll be sharing 5 things (words, articles, phrases) women are tired of seeing, reading or hearing. 

The world expects high moral (or otherwise) standards from ladies while none whatsoever is set for the men and as such there are a thousand and one guidelines for ladies on how to live their lives and zero for men. these guidelines come in the form of BCs (especially the whatsapp ones), articles, or words from people. 


I decided to keep this article short and simple by giving just 5 and also to give you the chance to reply in the comment section (Please do, I really want to hear from you). Without further ado, let's get into it

Is this how you'll be doing in your husband's house?
Unfortunately, parents are major culprits of this very annoying statement. You're cooking and next thing, your mom hovers over you and goes 'why are you cooking this thing like this, is this how you'll be cooking for your husband?', you're tidying the house, 'is this how you'll be cleaning your husband's house?' you're walking 'is this house you want to be walking in your husband's house?, you're dressing up, 'is this how you want to be dressing in your husband's house?. I have sincerely NEVER heard 'Is this how you want to be behaving in your wife's house?, NEVER. Seriously, it's tiring, STOP IT!!! 


Articles on how to please your man
This particular title has so many versions 'how to make your man happy with you' 'how to keep your man' 'how to be a faithful wife' 'how to keep your man from cheating' 'How to be a good housewife' etc (Mention any other title in the comment section below 👇). All of which keep the men passive and the women active. For God's sake we have heard, seen and read it enough. How about you turn the table and serve the men some of these advice. 

Be Submissive, Be Submissive, Be Submissive!!!
You see when the Bible talked about women and submission, It was within the confines of marriage and the first instruction was for both of them (husband and wife) to submit on to another but that is not even where my focus is
Ephesians 5:21-24
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Now I have a problem with men misquoting this passage to mean women should be submissive to them. I am not your wife, I don't care if you're married or not, I don't give a rat's ass how old your are, the best you can get from me is respect and that's only if you deserve it!.  And no, I don't need you to do a 'Submission Test Run' when I get to my husband's house, I will be submitting 😑.



You Are Sounding Feminist
ladies, aren't you tired of people say 'you are sounding feminist' just because you're defending the right of a woman. Don't get me wrong, i am not an advocate of Men and Women are the say. I feel we different vacuums to fill in the world. The way I see it women are the silk, soft, spice of the world while men are the rock and kpako 😅. Now If a woman decides, to operate outside her normal space, she should be recognized in the same measure you would a man. Shikena!


Why are you so emotional about this
No, i'm not being emotional. This is how I express myself. We are different you know and as such we express ourselves differently. And don't think I don't know know that that's a tactic for you to annoy me and make me drop the issue 💁. Kolewerk, so DROP IT! 
Ladies, what are the other things you are tired of hearing?
Share in the comment section
PS
You can find the full outfit post for Nneoma and I are here and here, Please check it out


Let's Connect
FACEBOOK  ||  TWITTER  ||  INSTAGRAM  ||  BLOGLOVIN










DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

7 comments

  1. Love this piece. Like,it can be so annoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I feel you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment

      Delete
  2. My least favorite "take it like a woman" one time a man was rude to me and he was till defending his wrong behavior and I wasnt having it then an elderly woman comes to the scene and goes "take it like a woman, as a woman you can't talk too much oh".. Apparently women are expected to take anything and everything without complaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is such a wrong statement to make coming from a woman. It's not fair to say a woman should shut up when her rights, ideas and values are being trampled upon. Its just so wrong. And if you talk too much, they tag you a feminist!

      Delete
  3. I think you've got it covered...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got it covered...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form