2020 recap 2020 reveiw

My 2020 Recap. And Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

14:13Lade Ibikunle




I don't even know how to start this post because frankly, I feel very out of touch. But here goes, hello beautiful people, welcome to my little space on the internet. I hope you are all doing fantastic and 2021 has started on a great note for you (PS: this post was supposed to go up in February, but here we are in June, publishing 😂)

I feel compelled to apologize for my absence here in 2020. A lot happened. The main culprit being Rona. But in everything, we give thanks, and that's what today's post is about. we are not going to dwell on the negative, no sir.

Having said that, here are a few noteworthy things that happened to me in 2020. If you follow me on all my other social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Youtube), you might already know all these.


I LEFT A TOXIC JOB

In January 2020, I decided to quit my job as a senior copywriter in an advertising agency in Lagos. That job was no longer serving me, in fact, it was leading me to depression and I just did not want that sort of negativity around me so I spoke to my leg and we left. Best decision ever!

I GOT ENGAGED!

On the 8th of March, 2020, I got engaged to the LOML. It was a beautiful, intimate affair witnessed by close friends. I have storytime about this on my Youtube channel so do well to watch the video below 



LOCKDOWN HAPPENED
Well, I know I said to only focus on the positive events in this post but now that I think about it in hindsight, the lockdown was good for me. It afforded me the time to stand still and be introspective. I grew alot as a person during this time and I am very thankful for that.


I GOT MORE CREATIVE

The lockdown came with some challenges for me as a lifestyle content creator. I could not travel, go out to film, or shoot so I turned that lemon to lemonade, looked around my house, and created some dope content. Yes, I made some nice TikToks too 😃. This made me learn a lot about video editing (fun transitions, cloning, how to use music, etc). Let's not forget how my self-portraits became so much better!!!


          


GOT ANOTHER JOB

I got a job as the Growth Marketing Manager of a company here in Lagos, Nigeria. It came at a time when I was not even trying and I am thankful to God for that. With the capable team I built, i was able to grow the company's sales to 138% in just 6 months. Phenomenal right? Let's not even talk about the massive growth in impressions, engagement, awareness for the company. I gave it my all. Unfortunately, the contract was terminated by the 7th month. Long story short, my job role being changed and I was not having it. Peace before money my dears (that's even assuming my salary was going to be added to 😅)


HIS PEOPLE MET MY PEOPLE

In August, I introduced my fiancee to my family. Although the lockdown had eased a but at this point, social gatherings were still limited to just 20 people with strict adherence to the Covid 19 protocol. So we had a few family members represented at the ceremony and it was beautiful. I vlog it so please watch below

 


 I TURNED 28

28 is not paticularly a significant year. It's justa reminder that 30 is around the orner. That does not bother me at all. I was just happy to be alive. My fiancee took a couple of birthday pictues with my phone, we went out to eat and that was it 😍




I JOINED THE FIGHT AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY IN NIGERIA

I joined the Nigerian youths to raise a voice against the 'Special anti-Robbery Suad (SARS). They have oppressed Nigerian youths for the longest time and we said said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!


I GOT MARRIED LEGALLY

Remember my engagement in March? Well, we decided to take out journey further by getting hitched legally. It was very beautiful.    

PS: Will update this post with a video when I get around to editing that vlog.


I GOT MARRIED TRADITIONALLY

December 10, I got married traditionally. It's a right of passage if you are Nigerian. Mine was beautiful and I loved every bit of it.Check out the vlog here

         


I GOT MARRIED IN CHURCH

This was the cherry on the cake for me. I walked down the aisle and made a commitment to my husband in frontof God, family and friends. It was so beautiful 

Grateful to God for all of these achievements despite the pandemic and I am hopeful for what's to come. I am not entirely sure if I still have the flair for blogging as I once did but we will see what the future holds.

Do leave comments of what you did in 2020. The achievements do not have to be 'significant', even if you slept all through, that's fine. This life is one.


Till next till guys (hopefully not too long), cheers 😘



DON'T BE SELFISH, SHARE THE POST

Check Out These Posts Too, You'll Love Them

0 comments

Your comment means a lot, kindly leave them and be sure I'll attend to everyone of them

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form